Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Singapore Polo Club

My chubby hubby brought me to the Singapore Polo Club for lunch today after we went for the monthly checkup at Dr Sim Lee Ngor's clinic where Chloe is estimated to be 2.1kg now and has turned head down. We had the set lunch at The Mountbatten Room which was awarded as one of Singapore's Best Restaurant in the Singapore Tatler 2009 Best Restaurant Guide.

I ordered soup of the day (Pumpkin soup) since the rest of the entrees were partially raw.

Johnson had Salmon Tartare which was the same entree he had the last time he came with his colleagues and found it so good that he had to have it again.
Main Course was Pan Seared Black King Fish and Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. I find the chicken a bit dry but the mashed potato that came with it was smooth and velvety.
The fish was decently pan fried and not too oily. It was also good that the fish did not come with any carbo as my gynae has reminded me to cut down on carbo intake least Chloe becomes too big.
Dessert was supposed to be several choices presented to us on a trolley (based on Johnson's previous dining experience here). But today they simply served us Tiramisu directly on the table. We made known to the waiter that I can't take alcohol and the chef suggested to replace with Strawberry Sorbet for me. Being a non-coffee drinker, Johnson thought that the Tiramisu contained too much coffee. I found the sorbet sweet with plenty of fresh strawberries and to my liking. The experience would have been more splendid if there were horses galloping on the polo field.

No comments:

Post a Comment