Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Newest Family Edition: Nikon D90 and its NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens

Finally, after many many long years of suffering from poor image output and performance from 0.3 MP camera phones to 1.3MP cameras and even an 8MP point-and-shoot camera, my first SLR arrived in the form of a DSLR from Nikon.

Guys out there, if you ever need a reason to convince your wife to get you a DSLR, ask me and I'll share it with you.

Back to the camera, this post is about the D90. I bought it at the IT Show 2009 for $1988 + $119 + $99 = $2206 consisting of the following:

Nikon D90
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
2 x 8GB Kingston SDHC Class 4 memory card (they threw in a free SDHC card after much negotiating)
Manfrotto 190XProB Tripod and Manfrotto 486RC2 Compact Ball Head @ S$119
Digi-Cabi DB-036 30L Electronic Dry Cabinet @ S$99
Additional EN-EL3e Battery (thrown in by the exhibitor after negotiating)
Additional Wireless Remote Control ML-L3 (thrown in by the exhibitor after negotiating)
Lowepro Rezo 190 AW camera/video bag - 21 Mar 09: Sold for S$40 and replaced with the Lowepro Primus AW (Black) backpack at S$218. I had many reasons for buying it and I will blog about it soon.

Other forgetable and free items include:
UV lens filter (Lexus branded) - The reason why I place an important item such as a lens filter here is because it is not Nikon or Hoya branded. Well, its free, so I can't really complain.
Cleaning Kit
A cute little cleaning pad made from Nikon's logo (and I really mean little)

The decision wasn't easy. Being a newcomer into DSLR, I could choose between a Canon or a Nikon. Sony was originally amongst my choices as well, however, I had to strike it off because of a technicality.

If all goes well, I hope to use this camera as much as I could get out of it. Notwithstanding that it is not one of those magnesium-alloy, environmentally sealed camera, I hope to pass it on for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment