Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 1 without Mommy/Wife

The Wife is sent to Roseville, CA for work, leaving behind her hubby, me, to take care of the 2 kids.

Here are the "incident" reports for Day 1.

Brought the kids to Ya Kun for breakfast of Kaya Toast, runny eggs and my cuppa of tea. Chloe was on the stroller and I struggled to release her from her seat while Mathieson roamed about. When I finally managed to free Chloe, I found Mathieson near the lift door!

Then it was off to Chloe's ballet lesson. Mathieson slept for about 20 minutes and joined me on my trip to the supermarket. We bought the things we needed but could not find additional mops or kids detergent.

After picking Chloe from her lesson, I asked her what she wanted and she said noodles. So I brought her to Sushi Tei and ordered udon for her, a simple katsu don for myself and a plate of salmon sashimi for Mathieson. Diners in the restaurant were amazed by how I could take care of 2 children on my own!

After lunch, I brought Chloe to the rest room and she insists of going in herself. I told her that as she had chose to enter the " Girl girl toilet", I cannot accompany her. She did took a while and I don't really know why. I stood outside the restroom with Mathieson in arm and shouted periodically into the room to ask her if she is done. Soon enough, some kind folks did offer to help her and she was out.

Next stop, Popular book store where Chloe found a Chloe Cow book. Unknown to Chloe, her father had already checked out the shelves while she was having her lessons. We got the book, made our purchase, but not before we read another book among those that Mathieson had ravaged from the other shelves.

Last but not least, we also bought freshly made barley from the herbal shop.

Once we got out of the shopping centre, we drove to the Lower and Upper Pierce Reservoir service roads to find the wild monkeys and we did see a few.

Finally, we were home. I bathed the kids and changed them, fed Mathieson a dose of milk and sent him off to bed. Read the Chloe Cow book to Chloe and sent her to bed too. As for myself, I dozed off and woke up at around 5:45pm and went to the kitchen to cook Mathieson a meal of broccoli and carrots.

Mathieson woke up at around 6:15pm. He had napped for almost 3 hours! Chloe woke up subsequently. I made a decision to bring the kids out for dinner (so I won't messed up the house.). We were off to Bukit Timah Shopping Centre where we ate the famous Hainanese Chicken Rice. I ordered an extra bowl of steamed white rice. Together, Chloe, Mathieson and myself, we finished 1 bowl of chicken rice and 1 bowl of steamed rice. Mathieson loved the combination of carrots and broccoli which I had prepared he was eating them out of his hands!


The feast for the Prince

Starting without us. "These vege-sticks tastes good. No oil/artificial flavorings added"

"Mathieson! Smile for the camera!" --- Huh?!?!

Daddy made these vegetables for me. I must eat more of it!

Daddy, may I have my strawberry ice-cream please?

"No! You will not be getting any today" 

Please, please please!

After dinner, Chloe asked for her regular dose of ice-cream. However, as we did not order the chicken rice in a kid's set meal, there were no ice-cream on the order. Then again, her dad had sighted an advertisement about a new ice-cream parlor in the same shopping centre. So daddy promised Chloe that he will bring her to another ice-cream place for a change.

After dinner, we roamed around the shopping centre and finally found the parlor. The usual food court we patronized for duck noodles had halved its usual size. In its place, the ice-cream parlor business was started.

Chloe knew instantly what she wanted. Strawberry ice-cream. But there was a kicker. The ice-cream parlor had its own version of the Strawberry ice-cream and named it Balsamic Strawberry.

"Chloe, why don't you try out the flavor first? We can test the flavor if we asked." I told Chloe. The store attendant took my hint and offered her a spoonful of the ice-cream. Chloe took it all and gave a "sour" look. Of course its sour! Balsamic! I tried to influence Chloe to choose another flavor but she refused. I ended up paying more for the "premium" Balsamic Strawberry ice-cream and Chloe was happily eating away.

5 minutes into her treat, Chloe started to cough a little. In the best interest of the child, I took another spoon and digged into the yuckiest ice-cream flavor I had tried in my entire life, just so that Chloe will not finish all the ice-cream on her own.

Finally, we went to the supermarket to get the mops, the children's laundry detergent and Mathieson's diapers which were running out.

We returned home at 9:15pm and the kids needed a bath, especially Mathieson since he was eating out of his hands. After our bath, I made Mathieson another cup of milk, made the children brushed their teeth, and sent everyone to bed at around 10pm.

I can sense that Chloe missed her mother but she does not understand the concept of weeks yet. She thought she will see her mommy in the next 1-2 days. Mathieson, on the other hand, would utter "ma.... ma...." if I should stop him from doing things that he usually does (especially when his ma.... ma... is around).

Anyway, its only Day 1 and we all miss you already. Come back home safely!






1 comment:

  1. I miss all of you too! The part about the ice cream was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete