Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Though while you sleep, we are apart, your mommy loves you with all her heart"

It has been days since mommy flew out of Singapore to Houston for work. Soon enough, Chloe will be able to see her mommy again instead of talking to her video image on the laptop and kissing mommy on her face instead of kissing the screen. Daddy has gotten to the point of sterilizing the screen every day with Kirei Kirei Antibacterial and Antiseptic soap.

Before mommy left for work, Daddy spent some time at the bookstores and bought a couple of books which would hopefully "ease" Chloe's separation anxiety. Amongst the purchases, the Sleepy Kittens by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio (both screenwriters for the cartoon, Despicable Me), was a lifesaver and Chloe's favourite book at the moment. She would bring the book to me to read them several times each day. The book is about 3 little kittens and their mommy. Mommy wants the 3 little kittens to go to bed and she finally sang them a lullaby. Although the story is fairly simple, it does makes a good read for Chloe.

I would love to reproduce all the words from the book but that would not be very kind to the authors. However, I like to quote the last 2 lines from the book as it struck a chord with myself and possibly Chloe when we read the book together.

Good night kittens, close your eyes. Sleep in peace until you rise.
Though while you sleep, we are apart, your mommy loves you with all her heart.

I know that when I read those lines, I am reminding Chloe that her mommy loves her a lot even though both mommy and Chloe are far apart. Every time I read the book to the end, I will, for those last 2 lines, read them as if it was mommy who was telling those lines to Chloe. Perhaps, this is also the reason why Chloe loves to bring the book to me again and again just to hear those comforting words.

No comments:

Post a Comment