Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Chloe

The time was 0:01:30 and I had just stepped out of the bathroom. I had intentionally reduced the length of my run so that I would be able to return home earlier, take a shower, and be the first to wish Chloe happy birthday. The shower took longer than usual because I included an extra task to shave. We will be bringing Chloe to Universal Studios Singapore in the morning and I wanted to make sure that I will look good on every photo with Chloe at the theme park.

I walked stealthily to Chloe's cot and watched her sleeping. Her head was tucked at a corner of her crib and her right hand was holding on to her Bedtime bear. It was difficult to lower the drop-side to her cot so I gave up the idea of giving her a peck on her forehead. I placed my index finger and middle finger to my lips, gave them a kiss and planted both fingers on her cheeks. "Happy Birthday Chloe" I whispered, trying very hard not to wake Chloe up from her sweet slumber.

Slowly, I made my way to Mama Boo's bedside. Mama Boo was sleeping on her sides so I gave her a peck on her temple. "Thank you dear for giving us such a sweet little girl."

Today marks 365 days of existence of Chloe in this world. She has blossomed healthily from an infant into a toddler. Thank you for being my daughter.


This home-made video clip on Chloe's first years was supposed to be shown to guests at Chloe's birthday bash. Thank you to all guests for attending the Mickey & Minnie mouse themed party. I am sure she loved it a lot. That's why I had used one of the track from Jim Brickman's The Disney Songbook entitled "When You Wish Upon A Star" to make the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment